The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) seeks to protect individuals against interferences with their privacy by regulating the way in
which personal information is collected, handled, disclosed, used and stored.
AJILONunderstands the importance of, and is committed to, protecting the privacy of an individual’s
personal information. In handling personal information, AJILON is committed to complying with the Privacy Act and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in
the Privacy Act.
This statement sets out how AJILON aims to protect the privacy of your personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information managed
by AJILON and the way AJILON collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information. This statement may be updated from time to time.
In the event personal information is collected during an application, recruitment or other assessment process and you subsequently become an employee of
AJILON, AJILON’s handling of such personal information may no longer be governed by the Privacy Act and this statement will no longer apply to you. AJILON
will nevertheless treat personal information it holds about its employees appropriately in the circumstances.
WHAT IS ‘PERSONAL INFORMATION’ AND WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES AJILON COLLECT?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of AJILON’s services,
AJILON may collect your personal information. Generally, the kinds of personal information AJILON collects may include:
- general contact and identification details (e.g. name, address, email address and phone number);
- information about your education and work history, qualifications and skills;
- opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), which will only be collected with your consent;
- information about your work rights and your eligibility to work within Australia which may include details, copies or presentation of the originals of
any applicable visa, passport, birth or citizenship certificate, or other relevant documentation;
- sensitive information (e.g. information about your health, medical history or specific condition, criminal record, professional memberships etc), which
will only be collected with your consent;
- any results of relevant tests in which you participate including but not limited to online testing carried out on AJILON’s behalf by Xpert, Workpro or
- any personal information relevant to any training programs you undertake;
- your tax file number and relevant bank and superannuation account information necessary to facilitate the payment of wages and superannuation
contributions and to ensure appropriate taxation treatment;
- driver’s licence number and relevant information about your driving history or infringements and any other applicable licences and certificates; and
- other information relevant in the circumstances.
In some circumstances AJILON may also hold other personal information provided by you.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE COLLECTED
Generally, personal information will be collected from you directly when you complete an application form or submit your resume, either online or in hard
copy, attend an interview, or otherwise provide us with personal information in person or via telephone, email, fax, post or other means, whether at
AJILON’s request or at your own initiative.
Personal information may also be collected from a source other than you when:
- you submit an application form or your resume through a third party website;
- we undertake reference checks by inquiring with, or we otherwise receive references or performance feedback (whether negative or positive) from, any of
your former or current employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies (reference checks are only undertaken with your
- we receive results of any medical tests or criminal history checks, (which are only undertaken with your consent);
- we receive results from any competency tests in which you participate;
- we receive results from any other online process or testing including but not limited to assessments, induction courses and background checks carried out
by Workpro, Xpert or other provider on AJILON’s behalf;
- we undertake a VEVO Check through which to assess your eligibility to work within Australia;
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive information from your employer for the provision of employee benefits or career assessments for candidates receiving our career transition or
- we receive information about a workplace accident in which you were involved; and
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or
inquiry in which you were or are involved during, or in connection with, a work placement.
There may be other occasions when AJILON collects your personal information from other sources such as an information services provider, your employer or
ex-employer or a publicly maintained record, including records publicly available through social media. Generally, AJILON will only collect your personal
information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
You can choose not to provide AJILON with any information about you, although it may be needed to receive the services provided by AJILON.
WHY DOES AJILON NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
AJILON collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of providing you with recruitment,
work placement services, career transition and training services. This may include using and disclosing your personal information to facilitate or
otherwise in connection with:
- you being offered employment or an engagement with a client of AJILON;
- your actual or potential work placements with clients of AJILON;
- undertaking performance appraisals in relation to your former or current work placements with clients of AJILON;
- any test, assessments or checks (including medical tests and assessments and criminal record checks) that you might be required to undergo for the
purposes of assessing your suitability for a potential work placement or task with a client of AJILON;
- identifying and facilitating your training needs;
- any necessary workplace rehabilitation during, or for the purposes of, a current or future work placement with a client of AJILON in accordance with
- the management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved during a work placement with a client of AJILON;
- any insurance claim or proposal in which AJILON is involved by virtue of your current or previous work placements with a client of AJILON;
- you being offered career transition services upon termination of your employment with your current or ex-employer; and/or
- assessing training needs.
AJILON may also collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information for:
- administrative and business management purposes;
- marketing purposes and to identify and inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you;
- its own internal recruitment processes; and/or
- any other legal requirement.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, AJILON takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is
to be used or disclosed.
You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to AJILON. However, without certain information from you, or where information provided is
inaccurate or irrelevant, AJILON may not be able to provide its services to you or may be limited in its ability to provide its services to you.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
AJILON discloses your personal information for the purpose for which AJILON collects it. That is, generally, AJILON will only disclose your personal
information for a purpose related to the provision of recruitment and work placement services or otherwise as set out in this statement. This may include
disclosing your personal information to:
- clients of AJILON who may be your potential or actual employer or with whom you may be placed on a work placement;
- your referees;
- educational institutions and organisations, for the purpose of recommending and facilitating courses or programs through which you can upgrade your
skills and undertake further training;
- AJILON’s insurers;
- a professional association or registration body if relevant to the provision of AJILON’s services or otherwise with your consent;
- a workers compensation body in accordance with applicable legislation;
- AJILON’s contractors and suppliers including IT contractors and database designers;
- a federally registered Job Services Provider, for the purpose of confirming hours of work and hourly rate of pay;
- AJILON’s professional advisors;
- any other entity, with your consent, or to whom disclosure is required or authorised by law; and/or
- any other third parties engaged to perform administrative or other services.
This disclosure is always on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law.
AJILON may disclose personal information to overseas recipients in order to provide its services and for administrative or business management purposes.
Recipients of such disclosures are located in France and Singapore but may also be located in other countries .
Before disclosing any personal information to an overseas recipient, AJILON takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the overseas recipient
complies with the Australian Privacy Principles or is bound by a substantially similar privacy scheme, unless you consent to the overseas disclosure or it
is otherwise required or permitted by law.
AJILON may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you. In the event you do
not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting AJILON via the contact details set out below or through any opt-out mechanism
contained in a marketing communication to you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
AJILON takes all reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds is protected against misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access,
modification or disclosure. AJILON holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible
only by authorised staff.
AJILON will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless AJILON is otherwise required or authorised
by law to retain the information.
YOU CAN GAIN ACCESS TO, AND SEEK CORRECTION OF, YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD BY AJILON
AJILON takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by AJILON. If at any time you
would like to access or correct the personal information that AJILON holds about you, or you would like more information on AJILON's approach to privacy,
please contact AJILON via the contact details set out below. AJILON will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law
and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that
the privacy of others is protected;
- AJILON requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- AJILON may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to AJILON for providing access in accordance with your request.
AJILON will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request.
If AJILON refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, AJILON will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of
complaint mechanisms. AJILON will also take steps reasonable in the circumstance to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and the needs
Please direct all privacy complaints to AJILON’s Privacy Compliance Officer via the contact details below.
At all times, privacy complaints:
will be treated seriously;
will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and AJILON.
AJILON’s Privacy Compliance Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following
completion of the investigation. In the event you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the
Australian Information Commissioner.
HOW TO CONTACT US
For further information or enquiries regarding personal information that AJILON holds about you, or if you would like to opt out of receiving any
promotional communications, please write to:
AJILON Privacy Compliance Officer – Legal Department
AJILON Australia Pty Ltd
Level 16, 28 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
or email to: email@example.com
1 For the purpose of this Privacy Statement "AJILON" shall include Ajilon Australia Pty Ltd and Ajilon Pty Ltd.